Thursday, February 08, 2007

Fragrance personality

I saw an advertisement on TV and it was about finding out your personality through your fragrance... just send FP to whatever number. I mean, seriously, who would do such a thing? It's a blatant attempt to part you with your hard-earned money. Are people that clueless about themselves that they need someone to tell them who they are from the fragrance about good old-fashioned self-reflection? Oh! wait a minute! I know why... It's too damn hard and no one can tell you if you are on the right track or not... yeah... Why not take the easy way out, right?

I probably sound arrogant and judgemental about it but it's just irks me to no end. The stupidity of the human race! I'll admit it... I take quizzes all the time but then I don't have to pay for it...hahah... and I've done the hard work of self-reflection and I know I'm a long way away from done but the fact that these companies come up with new ways to part people with their money is just highway robbery to me. I've read about people losing RM 8,000 trying to win a RM300 prize money. The daylight robbery I'm refering to is the hidden charges that they put in the fine print. The telco charges, the registration charges, the fees you have to pay to get them to send the questions to you, the fees you pay to answer the questions, the premium fees and God knows what else. It's just not ethical to me.

The telecommunication companies would say that they didn't force people to text and participate but I think there should be a line on highway robbery. I was once sent a text inviting me to participate in such charges and later found out that them sending me that text is costing ME money. It's just not right. I wonder how these people sleep at night.

To those who's looking to know themselves, don't fall for these contests or whatever you want to call it. Just do it the old-fashioned way. It's way better for you then allowing a computer to randomly tell you what you are. They are just going to tell you things that you want to hear, like how likeable you are, how sweet and romantic you are but what about the not so pretty stuff? How you tend to envy people of good things happening to them or how you can't be loyal to people you profess to care even to save your life. I think although knowing the good things about yourself is good as you need good self-esteem to go through life and handle what it throws at you, it is more important to know your weaknesses so that you can work on them and better yourself.

I know it's hard. Just do it. It builds character and nothing is worth more than having good character. Everythings else comes from there.

Peace, Love, Joy...

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger dueng said...

realize how obvious pyramid fraud scheme being presented but still thousands of people felt for that.

you need to see those advertisement not targeting you. remember that some people (actually lots of people) not get the bless of internet. and not to mentioned some of them never knew how to use computer.

it's weird how my life had been changing with computer and internet. everything can be found on internet. just a few keystrokes and clicks bring you to whole new experience.

i been seeing the concept of paperback/book became obsolete. people need no books/paperbacks, they have e-books, e-news, e-journal, online course, and online encyclopedia (www.wikipedia.org).

and still Mastika sold very well. I once despise Mastika due to its low intelligent approach but then i get hit by a comment from a friend that Mastika are not for us (people with high education). the target market are pakcik2 kat kampung, makcik2 yang jauh dari internet, surirumah yang bergelut dgn anak2. those are the people who's contribute to Mastika sale.

it's almost amazed me see people still buying Perodua Kancil despite the facts that they despise malaysian car so much. cause it's all bout marketing.

they make it cheap enough/attractive enough to make thing sold. quality? doesn't matter. satisfaction? not give any damn. it's business and it's dirty.

taking supply and demand law into matters, it's not suprising that that kind of product sold very well. that's why we need to improve ourselves so that people could see how this fraud things happened. once again, not all get the chance. who's fault is it anyway?

owh..i have one interesting link to share with you on cultural antrophology.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gmP4nk0EOE

it's fasinating. :)

Monday, February 12, 2007 1:01:00 PM  
Blogger Joy said...

Yeah, I guess you are right.. we are not the target audience so we can't believe that others can appreciate it...

By the way, yours truly is not a car buff. My philosophy is, as long as it gets me from point A to point B... therefore, what else but a KANCIL... hehe

Monday, February 12, 2007 11:33:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home