Sunday, January 28, 2007

I'm Baacckkkkk!!!!

I have been absent from my blog because my life has been so messy that I couldn’t even think straight. But now, I’m happy to report that all is well.

Actually, the messiness is still there. So what have changed? My perception of the state of being Joy has changed. A friend asked, “What changed?” and I told him that I’m just sick and tired of feeling depressed. The more I stress about it, the more depressed I become so January 1, 2007 was the perfect day for me to change my outlook. I figured that no one will come charging on a white horse to carry me away from my problems and even if he does, I’d probably be asking him so many questions that he'd turn right around and gallop away crying for his mama.. Y'know, asking him about the important stuff... about the safety of his horse, the humane treatment of his horse and how DOES he keep his armor so shiny and pretty, and does he elbow grease it himself or does he have a squire to look after his pansy lily-white ass and if he does have a squire, does the squire get days off like normal people or does he have to be like an indentured servant and the list goes on… The point is, the knight isn’t coming anytime soon…

So back to the case in point…. No one is going to do it for me. I have to get myself out of the funk myself. So that’s what I did. It wasn’t as easy as it sound… I mean it’s already the end of the month before I’m ready to write anything at all. So from the moment the intention was there to the moment I actually feel good enough about myself that I can write, it takes a while. But now I’m back and I’ll update you on the going-ons in my life during my sabbatical… which can be summed up as,

It is all out of my hands now. I have done what I could and the rest is up to God.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home