Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Ode to Nic

I would like to take this opportunity to greet the fabulous Nic, fondly known as Nicolodeon. What’s up, girl! Thank you for your patience with my many neuroses. If anyone back in the TESL days had told me that ten years in the future, you’ll be my best friends, I’d have looked at him/her with disbelief and said, “Friends with juniors? Puhleezzz…” but you are great! You saved my sanity many times here in Melaka when I thought I’d die if another person do/say/act stupid (things) to/with me.

You cherish my many shortcomings as I do yours… regular people just can't get or understand them, let alone appreciate them. I support your wild purchases and you urge me to make wild purchases and then when I do, be really surprised and keep on trying to get me to abandon my Kancil for a bigger car. I think if I do, you’ll be so surprised and so full of approval as if it was you who made the purchase yourself.

You give me great advice and are graceful enough to listen to mine. You listen to my ranting and raving although you don’t agree with them all the time. You are great!!! If there are more people like you in the world, the world be a more elegant and polite place. You get me most of the time and you are very patient with the parts that you just don’t get. And to me, that’s one of your greatest attributes. Next to your killer body, of course ;)

You let me come to your house everyday and twice on Sundays ;) and even though I don’t go there often, just knowing that you would welcome me anytime warms the cockles of my heart. You laughingly bear my bouts of Narcissistic episodes and just for that, you deserve the biggest trophy in the world! A big thank you for the "insult" episode this evening. I would have burst like an over-ambitious bullfrog if I had to keep it to myself. Anyway, how dared they think that!!! The nerve!!! anyway, this is about you, not me... so pressing on....

I love you, girl… will definitely miss you if you are not around. I think that everyone should have a Nic in their life. My life would be a lot less cheery without you.

P.S: I don't feel like composing the Ode in iambic pentameter, so prose oso can-lah ye?
P.S 2: We have to cook at your house soon since I haven't touched a pot since I came back from the US. And it has been a month actually! How pathetic.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home