Thursday, July 13, 2006

The Necklace


The one I wear around my neck
To the naked eye seems to be precious, golden and materialistic
If you look closely with your mind and heart
You'll see that it is more than that


Who would know more than me
Of what it really stands for
For freedom of choice
To love, to touch, to give, to receive, to accept and to share


The golden strand around my neck
Is the promise I make to myself
To listen to my heart
Always
To hold true to my desires


It is my reminder to myself
For me to be a woman first and always
Its metallic strength is an echo of the strength of my soul
Its glint is a reflection of my radiant spirit
Its value is an echo of my precious emotions
Its beauty is a hint of my true womanly beauty


It tells of the promise that I make to my heart
To fill my life with love, blessing and promise
To always look ahead with a clear sight and open heart
And to love myself as who I am

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home