Tuesday, July 18, 2006

I was at the education fair I mentioned before and as I was left alone at the booth. My two partners went off into the sunset. Saturday was Che Man’s birthday and his sister picked him up about an hour and a half ago and Izat went off exactly an hour and 10 minutes ago. He said that he’s going to Low Yat Plaza. Great!... My voice was like a bullfrog and I had to be charming and welcoming. *sigh… things that I have to do.

That was on Saturday, on Sunday it got worse. Izat, a senior professor and I had to mind the booth and again I was left alone. Izat went off for lunch and stayed away for the whole of five hours and the senior professor came and expected to be entertained and stayed the whole of one hour, instead of the whole day. He said that he has to drive down to Melaka. I was like, “HELLO!! Where do you think I work? Like I don’t have to drive back?” I was felt like shit and by the end of the day, I was so tired that I couldn’t even drive back to Melaka. I spent the night at my sister’s place and drove down to Melaka at 6.30 a.m. to get to work at 8 a.m. By the end of the day, I was so tired that I went to bed at 7p.m. and woke up at 1 a.m. It’s 3.30 right now and I don’t know what to do with myself.

Usually I enjoy minding the exhibition booth but I just hated it this time. It’s a total waste of my time.

God!!! Things I have to do tomorrow! I have to attend a function with our Arab visitors at 9 but I have to go to the Immigration to take care of the visa applications for our international students. I don’t know how I got stuck with it- I just did. I really do not like dealing with the Immigration. I guess I’m the only one thick-skinned enough to deal with them, I guess. That is usually a whole day thing. Registration day for the new and senior graduate students is on the 19th—that’s only leaves tomorrow to get everything done.

I just got the news that I might lose my boss. He’s being seconded from UTM for two years and the attachment ends in September. He’s the nicest boss I’ve ever worked with. He demands a lot from me but he also gives a lot. UTM wants him back. Somebody I really dislike has aspirations to take over his place. If he gets it, I swear I’ll quit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home