Tuesday, September 25, 2007

A Good Day


My friend sent this picture from Japan and it just suits my mood today.

Today has been a very fruitful day. I started working full-bore on my presentation tomorrow and at first it felt so unmanageable. I have to present 7 chapters from two different books in one 15 minute presentation. I'm sure I'll overshoot the mark several times but what the heck. I'm sure my professor would rather me give a somewhat in-depth presentation than a superficial one. Nonetheless, I shall check with him to see if I can go beyond the 15 minute mark.

I started working at the presentation since 9 this morning and I've been at it for close to 12 hours with 15-20 minute breaks here and there. It's more than the first presentation (that one saw 2 people looking at 3 chapters) but I'm confident that it'll be ok. It's not finished by a long shot but I pretty much know what to do and what to include.

It has taken me 2 months to get into the habit of studying. It's not just the studying- it's more than that. It involves getting into the habit of thinking differently and looking at things differently as well.

I'm happy though- although I have on average 600 pages to read every week. It's not too bad. I like reading anyway so it's all good.


I'm currently wrestling with The Information Society: An Introduction (here) by Armand Mattelart and Tendencies and Tensions of the Information Age: The Production and Distribution of Information in the United States (here) by Jorge Reina Schement and Terry Curtis.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger dueng said...

gud luck in your study. i just finish my undergrad degree and the 5 years taken to finish it just make me puking my brain out. euughh..i hate studying (as in required reading, test, exam, assignment, report and such) but i love studying (as in exploring, researching, debating, discussing, brainstorming and presentation - minus writing of course).

wow...600 pages. now i know why not everybody could be a doctor (as in Dr not MD). LOL. lots of reading indeed. Enjoy your reading and presenting and writing. :)

Wednesday, September 26, 2007 4:37:00 PM  
Blogger Joy said...

Thank you:) I guess it's not for everyone but I love studying, learning... what have you. If people tell me that I don't have to work for the rest of my life, just study, I'll be perfectly happy! Everyone loves different things. If everyone's the same, it'll be deathly boring.

Thursday, September 27, 2007 3:51:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home